Managing Yelp vs Google reviews requires two different strategies:
Many disgruntled companies are frustrated by the Yelp’s filters and hence its proprietary algorithm has been challenged in the courts. Yelp has won which made business owners not to like the game but they can surely take action to make the most of the platform. Yelp gives preference to reviews written by people who have an established track record of posting credible reviews. Yelp’s secret algorithm also seems to err on the side of the consumer. Also, there is a chance of publishing of a bad review which the first time yelper posts. If anyone uses yelp and gives a five-star review, that may be published immediately or may not. However, Yelp clearly states in their policies that these sequestered reviews can be activated in the future as that Yelp user continues using the platform to post other credible reviews.
Hence, there is a need for a business owner to claim their Yelp page so that they can react to reviews, post apt pictures and logo from their business in addition with other important facts like hours of operation. Every one has to read and learn the blog being published by Yelp which is dedicated to business owners. One try to get reviews is to research Yelp for local Yelpers who have an well-known history of posting reviews and have earned some credibility for instance – compliments, bookmarks and review votes are some of the measurements that Yelp tracks for each reviewer.
Yelp and Google reviews are very vital for a local business such as a dentist, restaurant or even a funeral home. After delivery of your product or service, just tell your clients that you would adore to hear their feedback and allow them to choose the platform in which they are familiar. Inquire them up on their interest to share their experience and views on working with sites like Google, Yelp or Facebook. Reviews from first-time users are filtered most of the time. There is a need to invite Yelpers to your business to try your service and write an honest review and any kind of incentivization should not be done.
Here are few tips to get great reviews on Yelp or Google which were answered nice from our experts and which are made out of experince on managing many SEO options and websites.
- Follow the guidelines of each platform. Yelp doesn’t allow to ask people for reviews. You can ask for reviews on Google.
- Offer a great customer support and let them know thje importance of a review for business growth.
- Offer the freedom of selecting the platform for review for clients either Facebook, Yelp or Google. It is always better to avoid the option of signing up process.
- Display Yelp and Google icons in prominent locations to notify customers of your listings.
- Recommend people to use a mobile device when they leave a review.
- Advise your clients to include photos and share details about your products or services using a normal language genuinely.
- Connect Facebook to your Yelp profile, and tell clients to do the same. A user’s reviews will have a much higher chance of being approved if that person has filled all the info required: profile photo, age, email address, phone number, friends added etc. Mention that to your clients.
- Make aware to your customers that they should not fill the review forms from the systems having same IP address which are usually considered as fake.
- Sign up for Google’s Verified reviews
- Understand that shortcuts end the game and violating any rules lead to negative long-term consequences for your business.